Click on the icon to listen to an audio recording of this page
For many sight impaired people, being able to access information easily is a key element to social inclusion and vital to ensuring they can manage their affairs independently and with confidence. Vision Support Trading was established in 2001 to provide a fast, cost-effective and accurate transcription service that would enable companies to support its blind and sight impaired customers with alternative format materials of the highest quality.
VST operates as a social enterprise alongside our parent charity Vision Support. Through this relationship and as original members of the UKAAF (United Kingdom Association of Alternative Formats), we are able to better understand the needs of sight impaired people, including the fact that the quality of materials matters, and are proud to provide the best possible alternative format solutions. All profits from our commercial activities are gift-aided to the charity so that blind and visually impaired people can be supported as effectively as possible in the community.
VST has grown rapidly to become one of the UK’s largest providers of alternative format transcription services. We have pioneered a number of robust operating practices to reduce the risk of typing errors, potential breaches in security and delay for the end user.
To ensure we consistently achieve our stringent quality standards, all employees attend regular training programmes and we host focus groups with sight impaired people to test production output. Our advanced technical infrastructure, highly skilled personnel and rigorous checking procedures ensure we achieve our aim of quickly providing accurate communications from a secure environment. In doing so, we are able to deliver a cost-effective service that supports the individual needs of our customers.
VST can supply a high quality product
Why Choose VST?
- 1.Guaranteed production standards and SLAs.
- 2.Stringent data security policies and procedures (ISO 27001 certified and PCI DSS compliant).
- 3.Full quality assurance service as standard (ISO 9001 certified).
- 4.State of the art production facilities.
- 5.Ability to receive data in an extensive variety of formats.
- 6.Full disaster recovery provision.
- 7.Socially and environmentally responsible company (ISO 14001 certified and Investor in People (Bronze) accredited).
- 8.Dedicated account management.
- 9.Competitive rates.